[CAUT] VS Profelt

Dan Reed pianoarts at tx.rr.com
Thu Nov 6 15:16:46 PST 2008

Fred,

I second the vote for lubricating key bushings with Teflon. The gunk
that seems to find its way onto finished front and center rail pins,
weather from a chemical in the cloth, or from the pins reaction to
atmosphere, can cause a nasty drag...slowing up and down travel of the
key, and making a glissando flesh eating to the finger tops.

The powered Teflon coats this film, and seems to be long lasting.

Simple...easy....and it works.

Dan