[CAUT] piano moving stuff

johnsond johnsond at stolaf.edu
Thu Jun 26 09:59:37 MDT 2008

Hi-

Couldn't agree more.  I watched movers for the dealer here deliver our
brand new S&S D and do the same thing.  I couldn't believe it.  I
explained that just because they've never had a lyre break off in
delivery is no argument for the procedure.   As it happened, my chair
was standing right there and saw it as well.  He mentioned this later to
the dealer, but I don't know if they still do that or not.

cheers,

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College