[CAUT] finder's fees?

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 17:03:48 MDT 2008

I have turned down commissions in the past. This assumes that I did
not put great time and effort into the sale. Turning down commissions
will discourage blame being hurled in your direction if the piano goes
bad. I don't think commissions would be a big part of a tech's income,
but turning them down can buy some good will. After one sale resulting
from my introducing buyer and seller, I was hired by the buyer to do
fairly extensive work on his new piano, _and_ I was hired by the
seller to put new hammers, shanks, and flanges on his other piano;
after all, he had just sold a piano so he had plenty of money to
s(p)end my way for work on his other piano.

Kent