[CAUT] steinway pedal plate screws

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Sat Jul 26 23:33:24 MDT 2008

Ken -
I am grateful for your response, so it likely seems odd, or tiresome
that I would challenge you on this, and the fact that you have found
a quick and effective means of addressing the problem is really the
relevant point.   It becomes little more than a quirky footnote that
the screws (all three) from my model O #160774 are not 28 tpi, but
something slightly more.  I did speak to someone in the trade
(screws) who gave me reason to believe that there still are some
12x28's out there, but it would be of little use to me, had I the
need for a replacement.  Thanks again for sharing your
suggestion.  I'd just hate to be the unfortunate technician who,
someday, goes to tighten those pedals, only to find he lacks the
proper hex tool.  One more item to start packing in.

Regards,

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY