[CAUT] Piano purchases

Graves, Tony J. tjgraves at bsu.edu
Fri Jul 25 05:58:15 MDT 2008

List,
    This is a little vent session.  So this morning I get a email from out
pedagogy teacher saying they are getting a new Disklavier for the studio.
That was news to me! I didn't even know they were wanting one.  This is the
second time this type of thing happened since I started.  The first was an
old CF Yamaha that the director decided to purchase from the IPR station on
campus.  I evaluated it, but I was never asked if we should actually
purchase it.  Which they paid way to much  money for the old CF.
So I wrote a email to the director and politely stated that usually the
technician is involved with piano purchases or at least informed and that I
would like to be involved with the process or at least informed in the
future.

--
Tony Graves RPT
Piano Technician