[CAUT] Filling fingernail gouges on fallboard

Paul Chick tune4u at fmwildblue.com
Fri Jul 25 09:06:02 MDT 2008

Subject: Re: [CAUT] Filling fingernail gouges on fallboard

Ed,

That sounds like a plan.  Here's an interesting one.  A Wurlitzer upright,
epoxy finish that has a HUGE piece missing from the left cheek.  It's
probably 8-9 inches long with all veneer, finish, etc gone, just the plywood
showing on the curve from just where it starts at the music-desk area to
around the curve down to the key-slip.....ie  two curves.

How does one fix this one?????  It's a real yucky piano, and in a practice
room, so I'm not too concerned.  It would be nice to fix it up some
though.....  A great practice project... As Richard West always tells me...
"There's another reason they call them practice rooms!! "

Thanks in advance!

Paul T. Williams RPT

Contact Ruth and Webb at Allied Piano.  info at alliedpiano.com  They'll have
what you need.