[CAUT] Forum format (was Re: Requirements for contributing/posting; RPT status

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Tue Jul 15 11:37:55 MDT 2008

Hi Fred,

> I think that the two concepts could work well together - one being a
> discussion group, the other an organized archive. With a skeleton
> archive wiki (or whatever) in place, people could be encouraged to
> post to it: "That was well put. Why don't you post it to the wiki?"
> And over time, it might become habit: have something to say that seems
> worth saving? Post it to both. Or write a more permanent version to
> post to the archive.

Thanks for your clarification. Unfortunately, I don't have the energy at
this moment, nor requisite skills, to be the driving force behind the
project. There's something about working in the shop on a real piano that is
more compelling and energizing to me than sitting behind a computer screen.

> I certainly share your frustration with the archives as currently
> constituted. I find searching it an exercise in futility as often as
> not. There is some great stuff in it, but hard to ferret out.

Yep, especially locating a file or picture that was uploaded.

Alan