[CAUT] Forum format (was Re: Requirements for contributing/posting; RPT status

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Tue Jul 15 09:23:56 MDT 2008

I've been thinking a lot about this stuff for awhile now, and more so during
this thread. Our listserves as they are now really do a decent job for
real-time learning and sharing. And that of course is what it they are for.
And after mulling it over again and again, I don't think a forum would
necessarily do a better job of that. What I keep coming back to though is
the idea of an online database, or repository, of collective knowledge and
wisdom, a wikipedia of piano technology, if you will. I think I have been
trying to shoehorn the listserve format into something it is not designed to
do. The two vehicles together would be more useful than either alone.

Pesky Al

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University
amccoy at mail.ewu.edu