[CAUT] caut spam filter (was Re: [SPAM?? 59%] Re: WNG/CF parts)

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 2 12:49:27 MDT 2008

We had software similar to what Andy describes at USC.  Many of the CAUT posts would come into my inbox with SPAM followed by a number of asterisks (which gave "spam rating") in the subject line.  We just bought a new HP for the store with Vista Home Premium, and the email program that came with it has been putting a number of the CAUT posts directly into the "Junk Email" folder.  It's also more difficult to reply to messages.  Each different message I try to reply to has different "rules" apparently.  Cutting and pasting work differently from email to email, apparently depending on the email program sent from each sender.  The recent emails from Tony are particulary difficult to reply to.  Some even have completely different toolbars.  With some emails I can access the "fonts" function and others won't let me.  Some replies, like below, make it easy to see what you're replying to, and others don't show a difference.

Jeff