[CAUT] Crossposting CAUT/Pianotech

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Mon Jan 7 22:17:18 MST 2008

Kawai KG-1CThere's been a lot of crossposting recently of topics to both
Pianotech and CAUT.  While there is obviously an overlap, each list has a
separate focus and audience.

My feeling is that there should be less of this, rather than more;
crossposting dilutes the content of each, and causes confusion in
discussions at times.  If there were 100% overlap, the only difference would
be the subscriber list.

There are cases when crossposting is useful: with a stolen piano, a notice
about the PTG server, so on.  And certainly if an answer isn't found on one
list, post to the other.

It just feels vaguely disturbing to see several posts a week crossposted
without an overt need to do so.  By the way, it's just reading the same
posts twice that I wonder about; I have no concerns about any individual
author.

Comments?

--Cy--
ABQ, NM

P.S. Apologies in advance for doing exactly that, crossposting...