[CAUT] Kawai KG-1C

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 7 16:18:59 MST 2008

List,

I am doing an appraisal of a 1979 Kawai Grand.   Fairly good condition, not played much.   I'm figuring on a value in the $4000 to $5000 range, but there is a kicker:   The legs and lyre were replaced with ornate, Victorian? thingys...outlandish looking...especially against the straight lines of the rest of the piano.   The bench is the original bench...straight lines.   So how does that effect the value?   I would imagine it decreases it?  This is being donated to a music school here and they don't care about the legs...it will be beat upon by students

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044