[CAUT] Mason & Hamlin agraffes

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Jan 6 22:38:44 MST 2008

> I have never replaced agraffes on a M&H. So, any help from experienced
> M&H folks is greatly appreciated.

They're 9/32x34tpi. Not a currently standard size. I was told
just before APSCO quit the piano parts business that they had
a batch of these made up for sale. Schaff might have some, but
beware. For many (many (many)) years, Schaff carried a 9/32x36
agraffe, which won't work. Also, too many of these were cut
with double helix threads, which won't work with anything on
the planet, including something you tapped with the 9/32x36
tap they sold for the purpose.

If you must replace agraffes, Pianotek's adapters would be my
choice. If you can dress up the old ones,
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMAKA=01032259 (thanks
Alan McCoy) is a good way to dress the holes quickly.

Ron N