[CAUT] Piano Database

Tim Coates tcoates1 at sio.midco.net
Fri Sep 7 21:03:56 MDT 2007

Filemaker also can be used to figure taxes for a private business,
let alone institution file keeping.  It's helpful to generate return
appointments for private clientele and institutions.  It's a matter
of reading the directions to set up the formulas.  It can also store
pictures and video.

I have two templates:  taxable clients and non taxable.  They have
different requirements for files.

I've been using the same templates for 26 years.  Started with
Microsoft Works v.2.0 for Apple on my Apple IIc.   I really started
with a Commodore 64 in 1979, but that database wouldn't (thank God!)
transfer over to my Apple IIc.  I've been lucky that there has been a
way to move all my files over to the new programs as I upgraded and
changed to Filemaker.

The point I'm trying make, as have several others, it's not that hard
to make your own database.   You have to be able to read and follow
directions.  But then if you can't read I guess none of this makes
any sense to you anyway.  <g>

Tim Coates