[CAUT] pre-stretching new string Wet vs Dry Soundboard

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon Jun 11 03:21:47 MDT 2007

At 12:21 6/10/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Fred,
>
>I agree about a plethora of factors.
>
>RCT does not use "calculated figures"--but Chameleon 1 did rely on actual
>physical measurments of the strings to generate a tuning "chart". It still
>exists in the windows laptop version of RCT but may not be used very often.

Say wha???  Only every time I do a piano I
haven't already saved... and I forget to save them fairly often. ;-}
I _always_ use it to record the pitch of A4, so
you might say I use it every time I do a tuning -
twice if it's a big pitch raise (>100¢) since you
have to play the A# (or higher) for it to
recognize the As.  (Chameleon/pitch raise/chameleon/fine tune)

>For what ever reasons I generally do not find stored tunings satisfactory.
>Nor do I enjoy "machine" unisons.

RCT does the "heavy lifting", my ears do the unisons.

Conrad Hoffsommer
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you
say will be misquoted, then used against you.