[CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

Scott E. Thile scott.thile at murraystate.edu
Thu Jun 7 13:29:03 MDT 2007

Ok, I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

Maybe you guys are right, but it seems counterintuitive to me that the board
is not a major contributing factor due to it's size and the fact that it is
captured in the rim and has rise and fall (or try too).

Is it possible that tension could increase in response to the upward force
while also containing the upward movement, or is that impossible?

Scott