[CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Jun 6 06:59:50 MDT 2007

I agree Wim,

That is exactly the same method I use.  When restringing a whole piano,
however, I only tune sharp by 30-35 cents for three to four tunings, then
tune at 440, then re-settle the strngs with tapping at bridges, re
squeezing beckets, tightening coils, releveling, if needed, then tune
again perhaps slightly above 440.  If it is the humid time of year, I'll
just tune at 440 as nature will pull it sharp for a few months.  Then,
it's pretty stable after that.

Best,

Paul

Wimblees at aol.com
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
06/05/2007 06:02 PM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

caut at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] pre-stretching new string?

In a message dated 6/5/07 2:29:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time,