[CAUT] Wire Stretch

Michael Wathen michael.wathen at wapin.com
Sun Apr 29 06:39:00 MDT 2007

It seems to me that any change in the length of the string because of poor
seating on the bridge or  deformation of the bridge surface, would be
insignificant.  However, that said, I believe that a poorly seated string
coupled to the a loose bridge pin actually lowers the pitch because it is as
if the pulse traveling along the string suddenly thinks that the bridge pin
is part of the string and thus a longer string length.

Michael Wathen