[CAUT] Wire Stretch

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Sun Apr 29 06:00:19 MDT 2007

Ric,
Could string seating procedures also overcome friction at the bridge
and move tension back behind the bridge?  I done it and heard "ticks"
as the string let go of its oxidised bonds and passed over the
bridge.  I've assumed that (in humid, rusty climates) the area behind
the bridge can become a well of instability when pianos are tuned
annually or less and these bonds can form.

Andrew Anderson