[CAUT] Wire Stretch

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 09:01:56 MDT 2007

The ribs are shorter in the 20% of bridge length and the frequencies are
much higher.

I don't think of it as downbearing pressure but contact or
coupling pressure. The bridge is actually pushing up so we could call it up
bearing or down-bearing resistance. Coupling pressure should be around 2# to
4# per string. You have some leeway but too much coupling pressure cuts into
the bridge and too little loses sound production. Yes the unisons spread out
but the overall load should be less on the longer ribs and you can't change
the coupling pressure that much anyway.

I just did all the rib shaping and board diaphraming and cut off bar in and
S&S A at Dale Erwins shop. He finished it up and it's glued in and it's time
to hear it. Next time I'll be there to set the bearing, hopefully.

Keith Roberts