[CAUT] Plea for accurate subject lines

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Tue Oct 31 13:37:27 MST 2006

On Oct 31, 2006, at 2:09 PM, A440A at aol.com wrote:

>   It might be interesting to search by author,(is that possible?), and
> notice who's postings are relevant to pianos and whose are not.

Bearing in mind, of course, that this is not simply a listserve for
piano technical information only, but for fodder pertaining to the
college technician,   which, of course, could include all matters
related to employment, contracts, dealing with school related
politics, etc., and, yes, pianos.

Most of us are in a solitary situation, with no one except the
members of this list with whom we can carry on conversations about
what we do and related matters.  We are by ourselves all day with not
much company except the others on this list.  It is entirely natural
and human for conversation subject matter to deviate from time to time.

In my opinion, if you want a listserve restricted to technical piano
information, it should be the pianotech list.

But due to the quality of posts to this list and the vast number of
different related tangent posts which can develop, it would be very
difficult, if not impossible, to remain disciplined to rename subject
lines to reflect the exact subject matter being discussed.  Again, my
opinion.

my thoughts,

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina