[CAUT] Plea for accurate subject lines, was Re: caut archives?

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Oct 31 12:09:44 MST 2006

Alan writes:

<< Wouldn't it be nice if we could somehow really separate the conversations
into discrete wholes? What a resource that would be, and I'd have less need
for cognitive maalox (aka Alaskan Amber)! >>

        Oh, we have been over this before!  Our archives are bloated, and
searching is much less efficient than it would be if the "conversational" posts
were tossed.  There are a number of list members that treat the list as an
email drop, and carry on totally off-topic, limited interest, meaningless to
anyone else, worthless "me-too" conversations that have absolutely NO technical
value.
   It might be interesting to search by author,(is that possible?), and
notice who's postings are relevant to pianos and whose are not.  Maybe if we could
list how many posts were ascribed to what member, it would become evident
where the chaff is.
   Or maybe, there might be some way that members can be allowed to remove
any of their own posts from the archives, and then we could all join in on a
clean-up; ending up with a tight, concise, archive of piano technology!  ( I
might be dreaming, here).
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT