[CAUT] Irwin bit

kpiano kpiano at goldrush.com
Mon Oct 16 14:02:54 MDT 2006

The threaded part is called a worm. You can screw a piece of plywood over the hole and mark the center of the new hole. Then when you drill into the old hole the hole in the plywood keeps the bit centered. The worm keeps the bit centered and drilling in a straight line. The plywood will do the same thing with the forstner. Pre drill the hole in the plywood if you please. What you bought is a self-feed bit usually used for plumbing.

Keith