[CAUT] Irwin bit

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 16 13:15:04 MDT 2006

List,

I usually use a forstner bit for retro-fitting pitmans in Steinways and other grands.   Problem is starting the forstner bit into the keybed.   I came across an Irwin 1&1/8" forstner type bit except with a threaded starter tip, about 3/4" long.   As I think about it now I suppose the starter tip wouldn't be of much help since it is going into the pitman hole...anyone used this bit for this repair?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044