[CAUT] Ed Foote to teach

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Oct 6 09:29:57 MDT 2006

At 10:39 AM 10/6/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>On Oct 4, 2006, at 7:06 PM, Elwood Doss wrote:
>>Wim, you are so sharp, dude!  I'll see if my chair will let me off to go
>>to the conference in Atlanta next year!
>>Joy!
>>Elwood
>

>Elwood,
>
>Maintaining contact with the latest industry processes and techniques and
>the PTG is a part of my job description.  I can't always afford to go, and
>the SE Conference and the National Convention tend to conflict with other
>events on my calendar, but when I do, I'm considered at work (i.e., "on
>the clock") and improving what I can do for the school.  I even include
>time for chapter meetings.  Other faculty are considered "at work" any
>time they represent the university anywhere, in any manner, and we should
>be also.
>
>Jeff
>University of South Carolina

Elwood,

I have the same scheduling conflicts as Jeff as far as my attending annual
and other conventions and conferences, but when I _do_ go, I am also on the
clock.

Just for a talking point with your administration... the funds available
here are called "professional development" and they have covered the
registration fees and sometimes some travel expenses.

My chapter also grants a stipend for chapter delegates and alternatives to
the annual convention. Maybe yours does the same??

I can't help you with your school schedule, but I hope this will help to
eliminate a couple of excuses ...errr ... ah...  reasons for not going.

Conrad Hoffsommer

There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
-Casey Stengel