[CAUT] Ed Foote to teach

Jeff Tanner jtanner at mozart.sc.edu
Fri Oct 6 08:39:49 MDT 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 7:06 PM, Elwood Doss wrote:
> Wim, you are so sharp, dude!  I'll see if my chair will let me off
> to go
> to the conference in Atlanta next year!
> Joy!
> Elwood

Elwood,

Maintaining contact with the latest industry processes and techniques
and the PTG is a part of my job description.  I can't always afford
to go, and the SE Conference and the National Convention tend to
conflict with other events on my calendar, but when I do, I'm
considered at work (i.e., "on the clock") and improving what I can do
for the school.  I even include time for chapter meetings.  Other
faculty are considered "at work" any time they represent the
university anywhere, in any manner, and we should be also.

Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina