[CAUT] hammers

Chris Solliday solliday at ptd.net
Thu Oct 5 17:02:56 MDT 2006

Follow-up to Renner Blue grousing.
 Well it's inevitable that when you shoot off your mouth you usually catch a piece of your foot too. Today I had the pleasure of voicing a Steinway D we had rebuilt some years back with Renner Blues and they voiced soooo easily I couldn't have been happier and the pianist even agreed. I guess after 5 or 6 years they sound good. They still don't have the umph at forte I'd want for a concerto but that is probably just as much the (old) narrow width as much as anything. Next week Manny Ax and Orpheus CO come in and we'll see then but as I remember the piano just gets alittle lost when things get really goin'.
Shotgun Chris