[CAUT] squeak

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Tue Nov 21 19:31:23 MST 2006

Quoting Leslie Fitzpatrick <lesfitz at cox.net>:

> Hello, I hav a estonia grand probably a 6 foot it has a squeak when
> you depress the soft pedal I graphited the key bed and it
> totally stopped. But a day later it is back worse than ever. I also
> adjusted the glides that were not adjusted properly I sure
> need help with this one.
> Les Fitzpatrick
> <http://www.fitzsupershop.com
>
> Piano Technician
> ham call sign K5FPT

Les

You've gotten some very good advice. Just in case none of those do the
trick, look between the top of the action stack, and the bottom of the
pin block. There is a capstan screw that keeps the action in place
while the piano is in transit from the factory to the store. Sometimes
if that capstan is not lowered all the way, and it is just barely
touching the underside of the pin block, it will cause a squeek.

Good luck.

Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music