[CAUT] squeak

Robin Blankenship tunerdude at comcast.net
Wed Nov 22 10:08:05 MST 2006

Les,
If the piano is finished in polyester, it takes just the very slightest movement anywhere that two polyster surfaces meet to create a squak. And, given the strong force of the return spring, and the amount of force required to move the action, it might be that somewhere else on the piano is being nudge just enough to cause two polyester surfaces to slip on each other. Might be a tough one to locate.

Just a thought,
Robin Blankenship