[CAUT] squeak

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Nov 21 16:19:56 MST 2006

Leslie,  you might lightly sand the bottom of the keyframe(or 0000
steelwool), keybed and make sure there are no burrs or gunk build-up on
the glides.  Also check the trapwork contact points and big  backspring
and side of the keyframe connection and the back dags.    AND, the
cheekblock sections on those glide connections.  In otherwords; every
contact point!

Best of luck,

Paul T. Williams RPT
pwilliams4 at unl.edu

"Leslie Fitzpatrick" <lesfitz at cox.net>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
11/21/2006 12:17 PM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

"Ptg List" <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
[CAUT] squeak

Hello, I hav a estonia grand probably a 6 foot it has a squeak when you
depress the soft pedal I graphited the key bed and it totally stopped. But
a day later it is back worse than ever. I also adjusted the glides that
were not adjusted properly I sure need help with this one.
Les Fitzpatrick
<http://www.fitzsupershop.com
Piano Technician
ham call sign K5FPT