[CAUT] Fujan lever was: Differences

Andrew Anderson andrew@andersonmusic.com
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:53:40 -0600

Jeff,
I too want to know about clearance.  I prefer to fine tune with the
lever parallel to the strings toward the back of the piano.  Will the
lever clear the plate struts with a five degree head and 5/8"
extension?  I currently tune with a 12" ball-end lever and a five
degree head with a short #1 Watanabe tip.  I like a tight fit and
want an even stiffer lever.  I used a fifteen degree head for a while
but I didn't like it.  Especially with the lever towards the back it
tended to turn movements into flag-poling (after a longer day) for
me.  The head is in the kit in case I ever have to deal with really
deep struts.

Andrew Anderson