[CAUT] Water/Alcohol on Yamaha Hammers

Jeff Stickney jpstickney@montanadsl.net
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:55:11 -0700

About the hammers, how big is the hall?

> Barbara Richmond, RPT

Barbara,

The hall is somewhere around 400 seats.  Not real big, but nice wood
paneled walls that can really bounce around the sound.  Great for
playing my trumpet in when no one is around, but can create a little
slap back from the piano if there aren't a lot of people in there.
We're leaning heavily toward the Ronsen Wurzen hammers - the cost is
about $1,400 less than the Yamaha parts, and the existing shanks and
flanges aren't worn out.  Plus, it's a disklavier, and I don't believe
Yamaha sells replacements with the disklavier component on the shank.
Waiting to hear about that for sure.  I also heard that it may take 3-4
months to get the Yamaha parts.  I have yet to verify that as well, but
if it's true I think the Ronens might be a bit more available.

Jeff Stickney