[CAUT] hands & wrists

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:54:32 EST

In a message dated 10/31/2005 3:18:22 PM Central Standard Time,
okeyes@uidaho.edu writes:

It would  be interesting to hear what other "vintage" techs have experienced
along  this line.  Like I say, the diagnosis is "degenerative joint  disease",
so it's been in the process for a long time, but the Judo just  kicked it
over the edge....A pity too.  It was lots of fun, & I  was just getting
decent enough to kick some serious poste-rear-iours!   :-)

Otto

With all the pounding I do with my left hand fingers, especially  the middle
one, I expected that hand to be the first to suffer from some sort of
ailment. But the middle finger of my right hand, the tuning lever hand, is what  is
bothering me. In the morning when I first get up, I can hardly bend it, but
then later in the day, I can't straighten it out. I hold the hammer by  the end,
and do not have a ball on the end of my lever. The only thing I can
attribute it to is racquet ball. I play hard about 2 or 3 times a week for about  an
hour and a half. But it doesn't hurt while I'm playing.

Wim