[CAUT] Mapes single bass string... resolution...

Andrew Anderson andrew@andersonmusic.com
Sat, 08 Oct 2005 20:27:20 -0500

The indication regarding shelf life involves winding the strings
under tension.  That way the windings don't become loose when the
string is brought back up to tension.  A least one maker I'm aware of
recommends getting them up to tension ASAP on arrival.  I suppose
strings could be hung strait with weights attached or some sort of
wrack made with hitch pins on one end and tuning pins in a block on
the other end.  Most custom strings come with enough excess to allow that.

Andrew Anderson