[CAUT] Mapes single bass string... resolution...

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 17:27:00 -0400

David P-
I used to keep multiple sets, for most of the models (St. M,L,B).  I would
enter in a string log book whenever one was used from inventory and
periodically order replacements.  I don't believe there is a shelf life,
per se, but I would take some steps to be safe.
-  Order strings in largest possible loop or, even better,  straight PVC
pipe, such as what Arledge uses
-  If sent in loop, open and hand immediately
-  Keep in vented, humidity controlled cabinet, as with tuning pins and
plain wire

If anyone knows a reason why bass strings would, in fact, have a shelf
life, if handled as indicated above, I'd like to know.

David Skolnik