[CAUT] Re: Data Logger Roundup

Roger Wheelock roger@dampp-chaser.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:53:16 -0500

Good to hear from you, Vince.

Roger
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: vince mrykalo=20
  To: College and University Technicians=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 12:22 AM
  Subject: [CAUT] Re: Data Logger Roundup

  Hi Roger,
  Do you remember installing a complete system at the University of Utah =
on one of their B's?  I believe this was last February, during a joint =
PTG chapter meeting.  Well, the red light keeps blinking even after =
cleaning the rod and replacing the pads.  Then I discovered that none of =
the rods were warm (humidifier and dehumidifier).  Would that mean the =
humidistat is bad? =20

  I still have one of your data loggers.  I have been using it to help =
track certain rooms at the university. =20

  Roger Wheelock <roger@dampp-chaser.com> wrote:
    Hello list,

    For those of you who have a data logger from Dampp-Chaser, now is =
the time to gather up your data and return the logger and software to =
us.  I am trying to analyze and present the most interesting studies in =
Nashville, so I need some time to work through the information.  After =
the conference I will recalibrate the loggers (July) and distribute them =
(August) for another 9 months of testing.

    I realize that some of you may have had good intentions, but got =
very busy and never had a chance to use the data logger.  Now would be =
an excellent time to return your units even if no data was collected.

    Those of you with an ongoing study that needs a little more =
evaluation should let me know.  I am flexible with this.  However, the =
units operate best with an annual recalibration.  It is the nature of =
the electronic sensor in the unit.

    Please contact me if you are interested in participating in the =
Dampp-Chaser Field Data Acquisition Program this fall.  I would hope to =
have about 20 recalibrated data loggers itching to get out to the field.

    I thank you all for participating in our program.  Our business =
depends on adventurous technicians who provide input on what they see in =
the field and how to improve our product.

    Warm regards,

    Roger

    Roger Wheelock, VP
    Dampp-Chaser Corp. =20