[CAUT] Fwd: recycled Lumber

Jeff Olson jlolson@cal.net
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:17:44 -0800

I would generally be skeptical, time and labor-wise, about trying to =
salvage wood or much else from old uprights, but recently I was grateful =
that I had saved a couple of the beasts for that purpose.

A customer wanted to resurrect his old Baldwin from that distinctly =
unclassic "chopped down-mirror" appearance to a classic old upright =
look.  A happily sacrificed my two old uprights to that cause -- =
transferring legs and leg support blocks, as well as the front and  =
mid-boards and lid from them to the Baldwin.  I also spliced two side =
sections from the old uprights into the Baldwin's sides, extending them =
to be more or less flush with the lid.

The result was a classic-looking old Baldwin upright (though no doubt =
significantly different from the original, which I could only guess at =
:-).

Anyone here ever done this before?

Best,

Jeff