[CAUT] Fwd: recycled Lumber

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:56:35 -0500

Ah, the fun factor. Well, if you like that kind of thing, I guess it could be considerd fun. It might be fun to do one or two, but after the fifth or sixth piano, I would venture to guess it would start to get a little less fun, especially if your back hurts.

Although the soundboard and back post material might be worth $300, what about the case parts, and other usable wood? It might be worth some money to some people, but unless you have a ready market for all this stuff, that will buy anything you have the minute it is available, you start looking at storage, and inventory, not to mention the added expense of insure your shop, or home. This dried out wood is very flamable.

I was looking at it not only for the wood, but the caster, screws, hingers, etc. This would open your market to more than just piano technicians. But again, the storage and inventory control problems started to raise their heads.

I'm not syaing recylcing a few piano, mostly for the fun of it, and for making a few bucks, is not worth it. But I just don't see making it a full time venture.

Wim