[CAUT] Pricing of upright versus grand hammer installation

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:25:50 -0600

On 4/11/05 12:21 PM, "Kent Swafford" <kswafford@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2005, at 1:06 PM, Fred Sturm wrote:
>
>> It is absolutely permissible to do surveys which ask about pricing,
>> and to post the results, for instance, and PTG does this.
>

> To my knowledge this is not true.
>

> Come on. I am extremely uncomfortable with discussions here of what is
> and is not permissible. Our official antitrust guidelines contain our
> entire policy, and the guidelines document is the only place to go for
> reliable guidance on what is and is not permissible.
>
> I believe my statements in support of the antitrust guidelines come out
> of respect for the laws of the land, and I consider any
> characterization of that respect as "paranoid" or "fearful" to be
> unfair and mean-spirited.
>

> Kent

I was relying on an earlier policy which PTG had posted. The policy posted
as of 2004 is considerably more detailed, and contradicts some of the
statements contained the earlier policy.
    I stand corrected.  Am curious that this newly developed policy hasn't
come to my attention. Have I just overlooked it, or has it been published
anywhere? It sure is hidden in the membership area of the web site.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico