[CAUT] Pricing of upright versus grand hammer installation

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:54:41 EDT

In a message dated 4/11/05 10:38:01 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jtanner@mozart.sc.edu writes:

>  Wasn't there legal action taken against a certain large chapter in a
>  major city in Minnesota about 25 years ago?  It had something to do
> with price fixing?   Maybe that's just a  legend.
>
> Tim Coates

There was.  It is not  legend.

Jeff Tanner, RPT

>From what I remembered, what got the Twin Cities chapter in trouble was  that
they actually made a motion, and voted, to charge a specific price, or a
minimum price, for tuning. That, I think is what got them in trouble. Although
we should abide by the Antitrust Guidelines, some of them are pretty far out. I
 don't think there is anything wrong with discussing how much we charger for
particular things, as long as we don't make any kind of statement along the
lines of "let's all do that". I will probably be told that that is not right
either, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Wim