[CAUT] Pricing of upright versus grand hammer installation

Jim jim@pianoguy.com
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:30:34 -0400

Hi Jeff . .

I am continually amazed at my neighbours to the south who are absolutely
paranoid
about discussing prices, either for services, parts or instruments . .

As I recall from high-school history, the anti trust legislation was put in
place to prohibit huge steel companies from collectively elevating prices .
. .  not to deal with  a bunch of piano tuners from talking about their
businesses . .

Look around the net . . prices abound, in the papers, in flyers that come to
your doors etc etc . .

What are you so afraid of . .  are we this nervous in other countries.?
I have NEVER read on this group, in the past ten years anyone who was
attempting to establish
minimum prices for any service . .  then we'd sound like  . .  well . .  a
union ???

Why not get the PTG to investigate and report factually on how the A-T
legislation does relate to
our profession.

Interested in reactions from all countries . .

lower priced in Canada  $ 85.00CDN for a tuning, because that's what the
market will stand.

Jim Kinnear
"A man is about as big as the things that make him angry." -- Winston
Churchill