[CAUT] a new one for me

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:31:16 EDT

In a message dated 4/7/05 11:56:40 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jtanner@mozart.sc.edu writes:

The  forms are there.  I may get one a year, and when I get them,
they're  never signed, so that I can let that person know the repair is
made.   The kids just assume that someone knows what's wrong with the
pianos and  assume somebody's gonna come along and fix/tune them.  If it
goes on  long enough, somebody will eventually say something to their
instructor.

Kind of like the faculty.  I read minds, you  know.

Jeff

To more or less help with this, I have a sign posted in each practice room
and classroom instructing students and faculty what to do in case of an
emergency. They can either call me, fill out a report, or actually go online and
fill one out electronically. I have never gotten the latter one, but I get about
 3 or 4 phone calls every year, and about a dozen reports on my bulletin
board.  The rest of the time its instructors or students stopping me in the hall
saying.  "the C5 on the piano in room 145 is sticking."  I find out later  it's
room 146, and its G5.

Wim