pay raises wasRe: [CAUT] job opening

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:05:03 -0500

On Thursday, November 4, 2004, at 03:50 PM, Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

> What I would like to see=A0is for the guidelines to say that to be a=20=

> qualified CAUT,=A0a piano tuner needs to have a college education, =
with=20
> a minimum 10 years experience in tuning, rebuilding regulating,=20
> voicing, etc., and perhaps throw in something about being an RPT in=20
> the PTG. And to get someone with this kind of experience and=20
> education, it will take $40 - $50K per year.

This is the direction I am pushing for my own job description, except I=20=

am writing it with much more of a managerial language, with autonomy=20
and responsibilities for setting goals and directions for a maintenance=20=

program.

I respectfully disagree with putting a dollar figure range in the=20
guidelines.  Such a guideline ignores differences in cost of living=20
from area to area, and variations in benefits package values, both of=20
which are volatile variables in their own sense.  A survey of  earnings=20=

by local established RPTs should be the guideline.  Besides, such a=20
figure would be obsolete in a short period of years before the next, if=20=

any, revision to the guidelines.

Jeff=

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available