pay raises wasRe: [CAUT] job opening

Christopher Purdy purdy@ohio.edu
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:17:21 -0500

Wim,

Here we get an annual evaluation and raise.  I have a twelve month=20
contract, renewed each year.  This is basically the same as faculty. =20
We all get the same percentage of a basic raise.  Then, depending on=20
the budget, the dean and the school director each can add to that as a=20=

merit raise.  As far as I know, there are no other raises at anyones=20
whim.

Chris

On Nov 3, 2004, at 3:20 PM, Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

> The UT job starts at $31,000. Similar positions at other universities=20=

> have advertised similar pay scales. I was fortunate to start a little=20=

> higher. But other than pay raises at the whim of the Board of=20
> Directors of the university, I don't see me getting anything else in=20=

> the way of a pay raise.
>
>  This has been brought up before on this list. Are there any of you=20
> that have received pay raises for doing a good job, or as a change in=20=

> your status?
>  =A0
> Most=A0jobs at a university, from janitors to professors, have a =
chance=20
> for advancement. But once a piano tuner gets hired, there is no place=20=

> to go. Is this something the CAUT guidelines should address?
> =A0
> Wim
>  Willem Blees, RPT
> Piano tuner/technician