I think I may have found it!

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:16:02 -0500

David,
         Comments below :-)

At 11:53 AM 10/31/2003, you wrote:

>Greg,
>
>That's so funny because as I was looking at it I thought about you and your
>search for the holy grail of database software.

Interesting that you put it that way. I didn't know I was being that=20
obsessed. My own personal blind spot I guess,

>  I don't like that it
>doesn't sync with a Palm or at least I didn't find that in my perusal.  I
>believe you are carrying a laptop?  Still printing out the invoices?

I wish it did too!
Yes and Yes

>Question:  are you intending to add everyone of your customers to your
>database?

That was my thought.

>Won't that be a lot of storage for Quickbooks?

I hadn't really thought about it but I have plenty of room so what's the=20
problem?

>  I think they
>share some of the same data files?

I think that they can share files but this is a stand alone product that=20
does not rely on Quickbooks itself being available. Or so they say in the=20
propaganda.

>  I don't want Mrs. Jones, my once a year
>tuning, in my Quickbooks.  She may very well stop being a customer and then
>I've got all the that old data which can't be removed.  Sure I can hide it
>but it's a pain.  I use Cash Sales for the private customers and add Mrs.
>Jones on the second line.  Corporate or more important private customers go
>in the Quickbooks file.

This perspective comes from the CAUT setting it seems. I can see where this=
=20
would be a problem for you. I posted it to this list because many of you,=20
it seems, do a fair amount of outside work as well. I thought it might be=20
useful.

>    I would like to be able to change the templates
>more.

There was a selection on the first "screen shot" page where one could add=20
fields. Is this what you are talking about or do you wish to move around=20
windows within the main window. If that's the case I don't know whether=20
this is possible or not. If I buy it I'll try and be sure to let you know.

>  I didn't like that I couldn't delete "Setting"...I think thats what
>was...
>
>I am still checking Customer Manager out, but Time & Chaos does the job for
>me at a much more intuitive level.

I checked out Time and Chaos but it just didn't seem robust enough for me.=
=20
I want to schedule, track customers, print invoices, and other various and=
=20
sundry items all within the same program rather than opening separate=20
programs to do each item of interest.

>David Ilvedson

Thank you VERY Much for your feedback!

00000000005951301&priorityCode=3D0443502282