I think I may have found it!

David's Email ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 08:53:28 -0800

Greg,

That's so funny because as I was looking at it I thought about you and your
search for the holy grail of database software.  I don't like that it
doesn't sync with a Palm or at least I didn't find that in my perusal.  I
believe you are carrying a laptop?  Still printing out the invoices?
Question:  are you intending to add everyone of your customers to your
database?  Won't that be a lot of storage for Quickbooks?  I think they
share some of the same data files?  I don't want Mrs. Jones, my once a year
tuning, in my Quickbooks.  She may very well stop being a customer and then
I've got all the that old data which can't be removed.  Sure I can hide it
but it's a pain.  I use Cash Sales for the private customers and add Mrs.
Jones on the second line.  Corporate or more important private customers go
in the Quickbooks file.   I would like to be able to change the templates
more.  I didn't like that I couldn't delete "Setting"...I think thats what
was...

I am still checking Customer Manager out, but Time & Chaos does the job for
me at a much more intuitive level.

David Ilvedson

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Newell" <gnewell@ameritech.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>; <mpt@philbondi.com>; <caut@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 8:31 PM
Subject: I think I may have found it!

Gentle piano folk,
         I think I may have finally found the solution to my data base
headaches. I would like your input on this. Especially those of you who
already use Quickbooks financial software. The new product is called
"Quickbooks Customer Manager for Windows". It seems to contain most or all
of the things that we might need on a daily basis at a fairly reasonable
price. I would like your opinions about it's possible shortcomings  or any
other observations that you may have on this software. One of the biggest
pluses for me is that it is a known brand company and therefore much of the
data stored should be compatible with other programs as well. This might
just be a moot point however as I am using Quickbooks anyway. Thanks in
advance. the URL is
http://quickbooks.intuit.com/commerce/catalog/product.jhtml?prodId=prod0000000000005951301&priorityCode=0443502282

Greg Newell
Greg's piano Forté