CA ing bridge pins

Fri, 31 Oct 2003 05:39:22 -0800

Is CA glue actually corrosive?  I've not heard that, or experienced it.
I've CA'd pins on many pianos and have never taken the strings off first.
It seems like a lot of extra work if there isn't a down side to doing this
with the strings on.  I usually use a fine hypo oiler, apply thin CA to the
non string side of the bridge pin.  It seems to disappear very quickly into
the bridge and doesn't seem to collect around the pin at all.  After a
couple of applications and it appears no more is soaking in, I wick up the
excess with a bit of paper towel or blotter paper.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

CA