Calfornia fires

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:39:01 -0700

Don,
=20
If it's over the Pacific then why is Utah valley (BYU, Provo) filled
with smoke? (Swirling weather patterns I guess)  Central Utah is filled
with smoke that the weather man says comes from those fires.
=20
Jim Busby BYU
-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Don Mannino
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 9:15 AM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: RE: Calfornia fires
=20
(Cough cough)
=20
Not affected directly, only by the smoke and falling ash, 40 miles away.
If you saw the satellite photos you can see the smoke covering a huge
area in the Pacific Ocean.
=20
I have a sister who lives in San Diego who had to evacuate, but returned
safely.  I don't doubt that some piano tuners were in the affected areas
down there, but I haven't heard of any loosing homes or anything.
=20
Don Mannino