CA ing bridge pins

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:32:53 EST

In a message dated 10/28/03 10:16:55 AM Central Standard Time,
fssturm@unm.edu writes:

> I guess I should
> experiment with an old bridge or piece of maple to be sure. Lots of folks
> have been epoxying bridge pins in for a good while, which I think would be
> more problematic.
> Regards,
> Fred Sturm

I've always wondered about the long term effects of CA glue on the bridge
pins. My experience with the thin CA glue is that it is not very strong. If the
glue joint can be broken easily with just tapping it, wouldn't the pins also
come loose with vibrations of the strings, thus defeating the application in the
first place? In my opinion, just tapping the pins has a much better long term
effect.

Wim