piano class

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:06:25 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/2003 2:07:09 PM Central Standard Time,
kam544@gbronline.com writes:
You must remember, you are a newbie when it comes to being part of a
university. Give it time. I feel you will gradually discover over
time, that these professors, and those responsible for the outcome of
matters of importance to a university, are extremely thoughtful,
talented, intelligent, dedicated individuals and care greatly about
the students' future in the world at large.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern
Keith

Thanks for the words of wisdom, but I'm afraid life a Baptist school might be
a little different from at a public university. In the few faculty meetings
I've attended I have seen some very strong defenders of classes by some
professors. While each member of the faculty is good in their own respect, and they
are all very nice people, when it comes to fighting for turf, they can get very
belligerent, almost gang like. They might say they are there for the
students, when it comes down to it, they are there for their own benefit, and will
fight like hell to make sure their classes are not cut, and will work to keep
other classes from being offered.

The problems is that the tenured faculty have control over the situation. The
non-tenured faculty have to sit and endure. They are afraid to speak up, for
fear of not getting the promotions they're working for. Not until an assistant
and associate professors become full tenured professor, they are at they
mercy of the "leaders," who don't like to be told what to do.

Wim