piano class

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 14:07:17 -0500

At 2:36 PM -0400 10/25/03, Wimblees@aol.com wrote:
>...  I think part of the reason they rejected the class is because
>it might have students taking my class instead of one of their
>classes. Imagine that, students wanting to take a class they can
>actually use, instead of a class the professors want to teach to
>make them look good.

Wim,

Running a university is a far different matter than running a piano business.

It would prudent on your part to not make hasty judgements concerning
executive decisions made by those who, on the whole, have potentially
far greater vision of what is best for the curriculum. They have been
at it quite a bit longer.

You must remember, you are a newbie when it comes to being part of a
university. Give it time. I feel you will gradually discover over
time, that these professors, and those responsible for the outcome of
matters of importance to a university, are extremely thoughtful,
talented, intelligent, dedicated individuals and care greatly about
the students' future in the world at large.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Baptist University
http://www.okbu.edu/